Lemont Water Reclamation Plant Wet Weather Treatment Facility & Reservoir
Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
The project consisted of the construction of a $27.43M Wet Weather Treatment Facility & Reservoir addition to the existing Lemont Water Reclamation Plant. The work included the following:
1. Demolish existing residential structures and install a new site access driveway at Stephen Street.
2. Rock removal for the improvements and future Lemont Pumping Station and Force Mains construction.
3. Install a diversion structure in the Emergency High Level Overflow (EHLO).
4. Construction of new Wet Weather Reservoir and Wet Well including gates, stop logs, pumping, and control systems.
5. Demolish above grade portion of the existing abandoned influent pump station and construct the Wet Weather Treatment Facility Influent Pump Station.
6. Construct Vortex Separator and associated facilities
7. ConstructDisinfectionContactBasin and DisinfectionBuilding
8. Yard piping connections to existing junction chamber and Stephen Street diversion structure
SDIENGR Corp. was responsible for performing the following Construction Layout / Land Survey tasks:
• Recover Control Points
• Conduct Site Condition Surveys
• Establish Construction Limits for Erosion Control
• Layout Coordinate Points for Construction Corners
• Stake Grading Elevations for Excavation, Paving and Sewers
• Provide Stationing Control
• Prepare Pre- and Post-Construction Mapping
• Perform Settlement Monitoring of Explosions used in Removals.
Village of Addison, Du Page County, Illinois Fence & Landscaping at I-290 & IL Rte. 83
Engineering design and construction services for the construction of a sight screen fence and landscaping along the Eisenhower Expressway at the IL Rte. 83 southbound on ramp. The length of the fence is 3200 feet.